LCD/VFD Storage Temp

HI Guys,

We have a military application where they would like a storage temperature of -60F. We are currently using an LCD but is storage temperature is limited to -30C.

I've checked various LCDs and VFD and the lowest storage temp I can find is -40C. I've also talked with major LCD and VFD manufacturers and they did not know if either would work that low.

The customer is thinking about reverting back to 7-segment displays, assuming the LED storage temp could be lower.

Question: does anyone know of any ultra low temp LCDs or VFDs that might be usable. Would simple LED displays store lower than LCD or VFD?

Thanks!

Reply to
Paul Wareham

-60C is not a problem. We have delivered -70C LCD before. -80C would be possible but expensive, with low yield. How big is your LCD?

Reply to
linnix

Another option might be OLEDs.

John

Reply to
John Walliker

OLED would likely have the same limitations of -40C typical. Specially made units are possible down to -55C.

-70C STN LCDs are proven technology. However, only a handful of factories are capable of making them.

Again, we can make LCDs with -45C to +70C operating and -70C to +80C storage temperature. We can make them in single, multi or full colors, with or without backlights.

Reply to
linnix