Tek scope service manuals (downloads)

Any recommended place to download service manuals ?

Nothing obvious in sci.electronics.repair, or at tek.com

It's for my really old 2215a analog scope, it's out of focus for the

1st half hour, then gets better

martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith

However, your model isn't there. Maybe something is close.

It would be less work to buy another used scope, especially for one that is 60MHz BW. My last functioning analog scope is a HP1725A that cost $140 9 years ago. Probably not worth more than $100 today, and it's 275Mhz BW.

Reply to
miso

I wish I could, I'm broke at the moment, but I downloded a similar model from

and it's a corrupted rar file, grrrrrrr.

martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith

I found the manual at these sites (not free, but not terribly expensive, depending on how broke you are):

and

Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net  (Just substitute the appropriate characters in the
address)

"In theory, there isn\'t any difference between theory and practice.  In
practice, there is."  - Yogi Berra
Reply to
DaveM

I've used Qservice, good reproductions. There's also a Yahoo group for Tek scopes.

I believe that's a common problem. As I recall there's a set of resistors that drift. There's also a set of 6 electrolytics that I've replaced in numerous 22XX scopes.

Reply to
Rick

The service manual for the Tektronix 2215

is not corrupted, but be sure to download all 8 sections before decompression. It's 13M.

RL

Reply to
legg

"Rick" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

yes,check the focus string near the HV multiplier and focus pot. They change value over time. either 510K or 1 meg value,IIRC.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Ok, I've got all 8 downloaded. How do you decompress? Do you need to merege them or something?

Thanks, Ed

Reply to
ehsjr

You need WinRAR or unRAR (command line version) to unpack. Download all sections first. Unpack the first section and the RAR program will automatically unpack the rest of the sections and glue everything together.

Reply to
qrk

you need winrar

martin