tek 49x question

Is the cover on a tektronix 49x (this is a 495P to be exact) supposed to slide off when the 4 screws on the back feet are loosened or removed? The calibration manual (the only one I have that describes cover removal) just says loosen these

4 screws and slide the cover off. On this unit however, the cover slides freely for only about 3 inches, then stops. It is not dented in any way, rather it almost seems like there is some mechanical stop or latch that I cannot seem to find. I tried rotating the handle to various positions, thinking that the cover can only be removed with the handle in a certain position, but this did not work.

ideas?

Thanks,

Rick

Reply to