TeeVee over Fibre

channel=20

enjoy?=20

teenaged=20

phone"

use

ask

Just because the marketing was in the mail instead of on the teevee does=20 not the marketing did not occur.

Reply to
JosephKK

But watch out, if this is in a location with weather extremes you either need some good stuff for that or have it in a somewhat climate-stable shed up there. Electrolytics, LCDs and such don't like hard freezes, and they don't like very high temps either.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

These guys look pretty good...

Copacetic

The way I heard it, the mother was thought of as the Queen and didn't figure >It wasn't "marketed" at all.

You're very opinionated. Too bad you're so ignorant.

JeffM

Ah, here we go, page 11 of this issue has one shown clearly:

IIRC, the phones remained the property of the telephone company, but some choices were offered as to which one you wanted.

BTW, you'd first think the article on page 52 was referring to Hockney or someone like that, but no.

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Wow, great find there Spehro; thanks!

Reply to
Joel Koltner

Too bad that you are such a goddamned retard. That was not an ad. An ad is for items for sale. The phone was not sold, it was the sole property of Bell Telephone or Western Electric. That was 1967, the year of your "ad".

In the mid seventies, THEN one could buy one and keep it, but there was no ad campaign then either.

The "campaign" was to garner popularity so they could justify continued manufacturing.

Reply to
Copacetic

The ad was for selling extension services. If you could read, you would find that to be obvious. Particualrly since the phones were NOT sold. So, if anything at all, the "ad" for the Princess Phone was a "feature" one could order along with a line extension.

No shit. That makes the ad exactly what the wording states. An ad for extension services.

Did not examine it any further. Also, I think you missed the page number by one.

Reply to
Copacetic

Really, AlwaysWrong? I seem to remember seeing "House for Rent" ads in the newspaper. I've even seen adds for doctor's offices. I suppose they're for sale, AlwaysWrong?

AlwaysWrong is always wrong.

You're too funny, DimBulb.

Reply to
krw

Enough alcohol ads in there to choke an alcoholic elephant.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

At one time there was an extra monthly charge for the Princess phone and later, for DTMF so it was 'marketed'.

Michael A. Terrell