Summing Amplifier with non-ideal op-amp

Doing any adjustment that relies on OpAmp parametrics, and them staying stable, is plain IGNORANT.

...Jim Thompson

Which reminds me... sometimes bypassing the summing node to ground can improve system noise problems.

...Jim Thompson

Depends ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Putting shunt elements across the two inputs is a sometimes used method to improve/alter the stability of an opamp, by changing its effective open loop gain and phase response. I have seen it used to turn a comparator into an opamp. It doesn't affect the slew rate, which doesn't involve the input gain stage.

--
John Popelish
Reply to

p i m p r o v e o b l e m

Holy Moley, he's right!

John

When you "improve a problem" do you make it better or worse?

Jim

<rp0000003356

I read in sci.electronics.design that rp0000003356@127.0.0.1 wrote (in ) about 'Summing Amplifier with non-ideal op- amp', on Thu, 10 Mar 2005:

Neither; the words are orthogonal.