Op-amp Summing Amplifier

Good feature of op-amp summing amplifier is that there is direct current pa th provided from every input to the output. For that reasons input voltage sources don't need to have current sink capability. Good feature of op-amp non inverting summing amplifier is that output volta ge is proportional with the sum of the input signals, and with the same sig n. Bad feature is that there is no direct current path from the inputs to t he output, so input voltage sources must have sinking current capability.

Read more:

tml

and also simulate:

online.php

Reply to
Patrick Chung

Yawn....

Reply to
Robert Baer

Fair go, it might be yawn for you but it may be useful for others.

Why not have a look and point out any errors if you spot them?

Reply to
McAvity

Chung is a spammer, out to make money. He posts trivial, borderline correct stuff.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Yes, borderline correct, and actually, incorrect. For example, in this case he's arguing the summing junction pulls down and provides a current sink. However, that only holds true for positive signals, with summing junction at ground. Evidently Chung discounts the possibility of negative signals. But oops, an inverting configuration gives a negative output signal. To fix this, we use a single-supply configuration, raising the summing junction above ground. At this point Chung's claim, not very useful to begin with, is simply false. We won't waste time on his non-inverting arguments.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

He's a Serbian trying to make some change on the side, give him a break!

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Huh? I don't mind him posting links to his web pages.. I guess what bothers me is that he doesn't respond to any of the input/ feedback that he gets from us. He's ignoring a chance to improve his web site.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

If he relies on google translate, there is /definitely/ a language barrier. Serbians use both the Cyrillic and Latin alphabets so no problem there:

bloggs.fredbloggs.fred