suggestions for a fine pitch (<=2mm) surface mount, latched connector?

Hey there - we are currently using Harwin Datamate connectors on many of our boards. They are OK I guess - but they're expensive as hell ($1-2 a pop!), hard as hell to find in some sizes (especially the single row ones), and the latches kinda suck (they break - constantly). They also only come in surface mount for two row versions. There are no single row surface mount ones (only through hole), which makes me sad.

So - anybody have a suggestion for a replacement? Requirements are as follows:

2mm pitch or smaller low profile latched (not friction locked!) available in surface mount and through hole varieties available in single and dual row, from about 1-10 and 2-20 pins, respectively hand crimpable

I'm not turning up much - the latch seems to be the killer.

-Michael

Reply to
Michael