":: Marcolino ::" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:h4Sad.37069$ snipped-for-privacy@twister2.libero.it...

The IRLZ14 is fine, but you have to drive it's gate really hard. Lot of current needed, so no series resistor, better use a MC34151 MOSFET driver.

--
Manfred Winterhoff, reply-to invalid, use mawin at despammed.com
homepage: http://www.geocities.com/mwinterhoff/
de.sci.electronics FAQ: http://dse-faq.elektronik-kompendium.de/
Read 'Art of Electronics' Horowitz/Hill before you ask.
Lese 'Hohe Schule der Elektronik 1+2' bevor du fragst.
Reply to
MaWin

Do you apply the 20 kHz directly to the Peltier? It would be better, for the sake of efficiency, to use a "real" switched mode power supply. Heat pump effect goes linearily with current, however, Ohmic losses increase with I^2. Maximizing I whilst minimizing RMS(I) calls for DC ;-).

ditto

--
mfg Rolf Bombach
Reply to