Static Electricity Converter

Hey all, A couple of days ago, I went to one of my friend's houses, who happens to be a techincal buff. His latest creation was an AC (or DC, can't remember) to static electricity converter. It was really cool, and could do a bunch of things, including one of those plasma globes. Though being a techincal buff, he's not very organized, so he doesn't know HOW he made it. It's hard to look at the item and find out how, since it's covered in electrical tape to prevent shocking yourself. Just wondering if it was possible for you to give me instructions for one?

Thanks! You guys rock!

Peace Romanian

Reply to
Romanian

In runes of imperishable ASCII, "Romanian" in message news: snipped-for-privacy@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com did, verily, inscribe:

You describe several things, so here's the quickest and cheapest way (from my point of view) to help is this:

Google the following strings:

"high voltage" static "high voltage" tesla "high voltage" flyback

You'll find a wonderful world out there!

One warning: high voltage bites -- sometimes harmlessly, sometimes fatally, usually somewhere in between. Consistent, somewhat obsessive care is necessary if you're working with most high voltage devices. Chuck Darwin has an award all ready and made out in your name, and he's standing right behind your left shoulder, ready to make it official by signing his name. Make him wait a VERY long time.

Best of luck, and enjoy!

PS -- And, remember: Natural selection works!

--
High voltage always holds a special place in an engineer\'s heart.
                                                              -- Gerard

Right. These things happen by accident all the time. No problem. After all, it's only technology, which improves all by itself....

Cheers,

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Probably not, especially if the guy there, who built it, doesn't know how it works. We are not magicians, you know.

Go to the other side of google and think up some clever phrases to search on, and you'll surely find something.

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Well, that should take care of the "intelligent design" debate. ;-D

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Charles Schuler