Static Bags and Standards

Such installations are not so bad. Much to my amazement you can get quite good modem connections because the capacitive coupling between the pairs is low.

nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Nico Coesel

with test leads 1" apart) and pink plastic outside (I couldn't measure the resistance?

to ship its clock chips and recommend against the use of metallic bags (drains the internal battery)?

Maxim owns Dallas.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Yeah, but sometimes you have tens of volts of 50Hz on lines where it clearly does not belong. Or someone's air conditioner thermostat comes on and ... *PHUT*

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

I am sure there are folks there who have high bandwidth connections. Probably a bird or two overhead that sells access too.

One of those runs was either hard line coax for cable or heavily insulated HV AC power. It was the only one strain relieved to the zero function insulator segment.

That is pretty bad. Crosstalk... what???

Reply to
BubbleSorter