Pager call standards

One of the features of a product I'm working on is that ability to call a beeper if there is an equipment problem. At first I thought this would be easy, but it seems there are no standards on modem calls to a beeper. Most pagers use voice prompts to leave a message, and don't support paging with a modem call. Anyone dealt with this and have any ideas?

Thanks, Dave

Reply to
Dave Boland

It always happens, can't find anything, ask a newsgroup question, and within minutes I find what I need. I found info. on TAP, which looks like what I need. Would still appreciate hearing from anyone that has been there done that though.

Dave,

Reply to
Dave Boland

In the past, I have used an analog cell phone with built-in modem interface to place a call to a pager, then paused for answer and voice prompt, then send DTMF digits which appear on the pager. Generating DTMF was a little tricky. The open loop delay was the biggest problem, since I didn't have any answer code.

Thad

Reply to
Thad Smith

Before there were standards, it was a lot more difficult.

Reply to
Craig Bergren