Standby consumption redefined

My "digibox" i.e. "Bush DFTA11 Freeview set-top digital terrestrial receiver" says this under "technical specifications":

... Power consumption Maximum 8W, Standby 7W ... I looked it up because it remains hot in standby mode so it's not a printing error.

You see what these little-tittle-boy-scientists fresh out of college are up to? They don't care about the planet either.

Cheers Robin

Reply to
Robin

Seems you do not care for the planet either, if you cared for the planet you would stop using all technology that used electrical power and you lived in some cave.

Reply to
Dana

No I don't care, that's what the "either" means.

I am pretty pissed about my electricity bill though.

Cheers Rob> > You see what these little-tittle-boy-scientists fresh out of college

Reply to
robin.pain

It provides power to run the device AND free heat in winter.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

HP had a printer that used slightly _more_ power when off than when on (and not printing).

My guess from the numbers is that the power LED was shorted out when "off".

Thomas

Reply to
Zak