I need help with deciphering two-way radio intrinsically safe codes

I really need some help

The issue I am struggling with is the different codes from different electrical manufacturer assosciations. This has made defining suitable two-way radio models rather difficult as there is no information that I have come across that parallels IP, NEMA, MIL-SPEC, and NEC codes.

Perhaps you or your resource pool of infinite knowledge could suggest some guidance.

I need two units with a Class II, Division I, Group G rating for Confined Space Entry. Other units need to be a Class II, Division II, Group G rating for general Plant Communications.

All manufacturers seem to be supplying an IP 55 or IP 56 code that I cannot provide documentation to prove to compliance with the NEC codes sent from head office.

I appreciate any response you may have,

Thank You

Reply to
skirt.justice