Stable simple dc amplifiers

Interesting, how did that happen? I'm sure this is on topic, of course.

Reply to
LM

Photoemission from silicon is a commonly-used diagnostic tool. Ordinary recombination produces ~1.1 um photons, which you can see through a thinned die, and hot carriers produce visible photons.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510
845-480-2058

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

OK; Q1 NPN base is emitter of substrate lateral with that beta of

0.000001, Q2 NPN base is the collector.. Still think a vertical PNP (nice drawing!) was used as a beta killer.
Reply to
Robert Baer

Too bad that the glow effect was not looked into..then become an early LED and maybe an analog controllable LED.

Reply to
Robert Baer

That was back in the days when we didn't have multi-layer metal, so an N+ crossover made an unintended device that light-emitted. ...Jim Thompson