ST M093B1 (DIP) = RAM?

I have pulled three ST M093B1 DIP chips (socketed!) from a working (but analog) Alcatel phone switch, [the kind that had 3 POTS inbound lines and up to 16 extensions.... ] before the owner decided to dump it into the trash bin.

The problem I=B4m facing is that I=B4m unable to find any datasheet for this part number.

The only thing I was able to find is this:

"IC,ANALOG SWITCH,SINGLE,12X8 CROSSPOINT,CMOS,DIP,40PIN,PLASTIC"

It describes the manufacturer as "SGS-Ates Componenti Electronici S P A". So it=B4s an Italian design (?!) I wasn=B4t aware Italy had a semiconductor industry in the 1980s (this device was mfg 1984, it had a label on the enclosure).

If it=B4s an analog switch, I=B4d love to use it to buid a switcher for my HDTV=B4s single component video (YPbPr) inputs.

Any idea of where I could find a datasheet or pinout for this M093B1? I know it=B4s ancient history, but still, the Commodore 64 had lots of exclusive chips and the pinouts are readily available. ;-)

Thanks in advance. FC

Reply to
fcassia

Why fool with obsolete telcom chips if you want to switch video? I doubt they have the required bandwidth, or port isolation to do the job. Maxim and other companies make video MUX chips designed to do the job. Or go backwards 100 years and use small signal relays.

Michael A. Terrell

SGS has been called STMicroelectronics for quite a long time...

They even had a large facility in Phoenix. ...Jim Thompson

[On the Road, in New York]

I remember SGS from my TV repair days. I saw a lot of low grade transistors with their logo. TO-92, epoxies into aluminum tabs for cheap audio outputs. No replacements were available from the OEM, even for warranty repairs so we had to pry open the aluminum tabs and crimp them over ECG replacements. Morse/Electrophonic used tons of the crappy things for their so called stereos. Two pair, for a claimed 150 watt stereo output. I always figured that they changed their name to hide their past. :(

Michael A. Terrell