SSPA

Long time listener, first time caller here.

Does anyone have recommended sources for aerospace quality solid state power amplifiers ( between 1 to 2 kW peak power output range, center frequency above 2 Ghz, < 0.7 kg, Qty 4 )? Our company has been having difficulty getting quotes. We were initially looking outside the latest greater east asia co-prosperity sphere, but maybe we shouldn't be so picky and just look for something with a commercial rating and do some extensive testing or ask for modifications with extended temperature range parts.

Pointers or advice on the above would be appreciated.

Reply to
Buzz McCool

I wonder if there is any such thing. Did you find anything with similar specs?

--------- Tel. 06151 1623569 ------- Fax. 06151 1623305 ---------
Reply to
Uwe Bonnes

2kW at 2GHz under 700g? In space, with no cooling airflow, I presume? I certainly raised my eyebrows.

CH

Reply to
Clifford Heath

Uwe Bonnes wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net:

Sounds like a lot of juice for that frequency. Less than a kg in weight? Sure... bare board maybe. Not an enclosed product.

That is a lot of power for that weight spec.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Yes, we had two vendors respond, one with a semi-reasonable quote, the other being more than triple that number. After project delays due to our not getting funding on time, the semi-reasonable vendor subsequently has withdrawn their quote. This may bust the budget on our subsequent funding request. Perhaps there's someone out there who has done some S-band RF work and may know other vendors with this capability.

Reply to
Buzz McCool

You got it.

We have a phase change material heat sink and heat pipe connection to the radiators.

Reply to
Buzz McCool

I've got a few leads now. Thanks to everyone who responded.

If anyone thinks of another option, feel free to post here or reply via email.

Reply to
Buzz McCool