square wave harmonic theory (time domain)

"Rich Grise"

** It is not just counterintuitive - f****it.

It is a self delusion in the minds of fools who think the " frequency domain" is a higher reality than the time domain.

....... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

If you have anything sensible to say, then say it. *IF*

John

"John Larkin"

** More brain dead BOLLOCKS !!

Classic, grossly autistic engineer think.

Larkin sure as hell is an autistic.

Plus he has the pig arrogance that accompanies it.

...... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

This is your fundamental misunderstanding. All of the harmonics (well, the appropriate ones) are there all of the time; with a perfect square wave, the spectrum would go to infinity, literally. This is why there is no such thing in real life as a "perfect" square wave.

Why are you blocking this information out? Did you look at the animation at wiki? Or that graph I posted a link to?

It's not _that_ hard to grasp.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

As regards having anything useful to say, I'll take that for a "no." Go fix a guitar amp or something.

John

Actually, it will. If you strike it gently at a rate that's an integer fraction of a major resonance, that resonance will build up in amplitude over multiple strikes, much more than if the ratio is not maintained. Of course, thet's not easy to do by hand; the frequency and phasing have to be exact.

The bell is a bandpass filter.

John

Actually, it is.

I've tried to explain it over and over and over again.

Especially to the free energy nuts who claim that pulsed dc is somehow different from ac.

--
Many thanks,

Please visit my GURU\'s LAIR web site at http://www.tinaja.com
Reply to
Don Lancaster

"John Larkin ASD Cretin "

** More brain dead BOLLOCKS !!

Classic, grossly autistic engineer think.

Larkin sure as hell is an autistic.

Plus he has the pig arrogance that accompanies it.

...... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Broken toasters and sex toys are the limits of her skills.

Really, John you have to work hard for Phyllis to plonk you, but its really worth it. If it only worked for 'flat bastard' as well. :(

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Did you say something important? It seems to have got lost.

Don

Reply to
Don Bowey

The bell isn't generating anything. It really is a filter and in fact its output will only have harmonics of the rate it is struck at.

Reply to
MooseFET

Your definition of "autistic" seems to encompass anyone who can understand something that you can't. Given that, there are indeed a shocking number of autistic engineers.

John

Well, you can whack it once.

John

So, if you blow into an organ pipe, all you get is the air you put in?

The response of any dynamic system is the convolution of the driving function and the natural function.

You have to consider both the transient and steady state responses.

--
Many thanks,

Please visit my GURU\'s LAIR web site at http://www.tinaja.com
Reply to
Don Lancaster

He's trying to catch up with 'Jack'. Now, were is that lazy dog?

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

This is not really the right place to dig into the mathematical artifacts of DFT's and FFT's. That will be most of what you are seeing.

--
 JosephKK
  --Schiller

They both bring new meaning to the phrase "don't know Jack."

Hey, that's his new handle: DontKnowJack. Followup to DorkMatter and AlwaysWrong.

John

I think I've already called him that, but you're right. He needs a list so he doesn't reuse a handle. That would be really embarrassing, wouldn't it? I wonder if he even remembers his real name?

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

He certainly doesn't have the balls to use it.

John

He knows that he would wake up to a thousand villagers with torches waiting at his door after his aberrant behavior over the years. It goes with the yellow streak up his back. Do you think he has a concealed carry permit for the feminine little pearl handled derringer in his purse, and does it match his pierced earrings and necklace?

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida