Speed Up Windows 7

Martin Brown wrote in news:q8kceg $kt3$ snipped-for-privacy@gioia.aioe.org:

That was so 3 years ago.

Windows 10 is stable and I have never had a bricking from anything, much less an update.

I had an old laptop switch to 100% HD activity for a while until I backed out of it and MS put out an update, but that was a developers edition, and they had to catch up for those guys. The main release has always worked.

What is poorly tested is your position on it. Your information is out of date and no longer true or valid.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Martin Brown wrote in news:q8kceg $kt3$ snipped-for-privacy@gioia.aioe.org:

That too was over a year ago, and the article was a year ago.

Do you ever follow up on the crap you think you dig up?

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Martin Brown wrote in news:q8kceg $kt3$ snipped-for-privacy@gioia.aioe.org:

You apparently have no mileage.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Martin Brown wrote in news:q8kceg$kt3$ snipped-for-privacy@gioia.aioe.org:

That is what *I* said!

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Reports of this were already appearing as DLU, unaware of the story, was bragging that he had it installed and his shiny win10 machine was fully up to date.

Windows 10 October 2018 Update deleting documents, photos and other user files

Reply to
Watcher

There's little reason in year of our Lord 2019 to use anything but a SSD as an OS drive. A couple TB of solid state cache spinning rust drive works fine for mass storage.

You can have both on a laptop they make caddies for the DVD drive bay that let you use a regular 2.5" SATA hdd on the line that usually goes to the DVD drive, put the mass storage drive in there.

Reply to
bitrex

Sounds logical to me. It's kind of what I did. I currently don't need more than the SSD, but if I did, for videos, etc, that's what I would do put that stuff on a big HD.

Reply to
trader4

bitrex wrote in news:cUorE.251742$ snipped-for-privacy@fx07.iad:

7

Bullshit. I archive TB of Videos. SSDs have their place but ANY IT pro will tell you that magnetic platters are gona be around for a long time to come.

All mag disc hard drives have onboard cache. Are you referring to the hybrid drives which incorporate SSD tech along side the mag disc main store?

Or you could just get a big enough laptop to accomodate both.

My 17" still has another M.2 bay still available. It has 2 2.5s and an M.2 already in it.

Reply to
DLUNU

Why don't you just get a real OS like XP Pro ?

Reply to
jurb6006

Because you had already jumped on that faulty windows update. Only by luck did you not lose files, fool. Others did.

Reply to
Watcher

Sure, just don't connect it to the Internet. it's not being patched anymore but since it's still on millions of machines worldwide like yours hackers are still actively searching for new vulnerabilities in it and they've already found some IIRC. they won't be fixed. Baddies will probably find one or two critical ones every year for years (decades?) to come

Reply to
bitrex

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news:ded56889-bba9-403f-a749-258440573df4 @googlegroups.com:

Childish troll stupidity.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Watcher wrote in news:q8lsh5$1gau$ snipped-for-privacy@gioia.aioe.org:

It was not bragging, you retarded piece of shit.

It was a response to Jeff's descriptions of his machine. I described mine.

You calling it bragging is just you being a little punk f*ck. You need an NYPD broomstick handle shoved up your 20 IQ ass.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Which of course is EXACTLY what I did. I simply described the dramatic increase in boot speed of my system when switching to a SSD. And for that you launched a stupid, vile attack on me, saying that boot speed doesn't matter because you can go get coffee while waiting.

Reply to
trader4

snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote in news:eaf70aa0-68bd-4876-b20a- snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Retarded!

You two should get together and butt f*ck.

You're both idiots.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Whimper much, putz?