sparking circuit

hello....

i want to make a circuit to produce small sparks at about 1 to 2 Hz. basically i want to light natural-gas heaters and stoves, using 1 or 2 standard AA sized batteries. such electronic lighters are available in the market..... but i want to make one myself.... but im not sure how.... :$

could you please tell me how i can do this.....

thnx ^^

gerewal

Reply to
gerewal

Gerewal will just have to run it off pizza, no big deal

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Any BBQ equipment store will have push-button piezo lighters.

...Jim Thompson

 Anyone can be rude, but it takes a Democrat to be a real dirtbag.

Step up transformer (ignition coil). I don't know where one buys these, however.

Reply to
Charles Schuler

Many of those are piezoelectric. I think the OP wants a step-up device.

Reply to
Charles Schuler

You could take apart one of those electronic cigarette lighter or BBQ starter thingies. I doubt you could make the circuit any cheaper in small quantity. That's for manual starting (with a responsible human standing right there to monitor and control the startup sequence).

Do NOT repeat do NOT attempt to use some jury-rigged setup to automatically start a gas burner. Use only an appropriate safety-agency approved and properly installed ignition system. This is a safety issue.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Some use a battery and deliver continuous sparks.

Eg.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Probably not.

--
Flap!
The Pig Bladder from Uranus, still waiting for that

?Sect1=PTO2%2526Sect2=HITOFF%2526p=1%2526u=/netahtml/search-bool.html%2526r=35%2526f=G%2526l=50%2526co1=AND%2526d=ptxt%2526s1='direct%252Bspark%252Bignition'%2526OS=%252522direct%252Bspark%252Bignition%252522%2526RS=%252522direct%252Bspark%252Bignition%252522

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

You don't need batteries to get a spark out of a piezo. I have a mini butane torch with a piezo igniter and no battery. I don't know how you would build a piezo igniter, but I know it requires a rapid physical snapping action on the piezo element. As the crystal changes size it creates a voltage.

Reply to
kell