Need source for ceramic Insulator for old Signature waffle iron

A ceramic insulator that supports the heating element in our old waffle iron broke. Any ideas?

Reply to
Bill

If you want people to help you you have to make it easy for them. Dimensions? Profile? Do you expect them to take apart their old Signature to know what you are talking about? CP

Reply to
MOP CAP

Model airplane spark plug?

You probably won't find a cheap solution. And the penalty for failure might be death of the cook.

Reply to
mike

Keystone Electronics has threaded ceramic spacers in 1/4", 3/8", 1/2", and 3/4" outside diameters, with either 6-32 or 1/4-20 threads. Digi-Key and Mouser stock some of them in small quantities - roughly $3 to $6 or so, quantity 1.

McMaster-Carr sells ceramic bars, sheets, rods, etc, but they can be uncheap. You'd also have to cut or machine them into what you want, which may be non-trivial.

You might be able to find something that would work inside a similar heating appliance, from the thrift store or equal.

Standard disclaimers apply: I don't get money or other consideration from any companies mentioned.

Matt Roberds

Reply to
mroberds