Solar PV comparable to gas fired power stations

There is an old Cincinnati local group's song called "Music, Sex, and Cookies"

Kind of along the lines of the Jerry Jeff Walker "I Make Money, Money Don' Make Me" only better. ;-)

It was on one of the "WEBN Album Projects" (#2 I think). A cool local radio station that still sponsors one of the country's biggest annual fireworks displays down at the riverfront.

Reply to
Chieftain of the Carpet Crawle

entirely=20

often=20

simultaneous=20

(you=20

obliterated=20

modulation=20

AFAIK most aircraft radio is FM. IIRC with FM if the two signals at the receiver input are within 1 dB you get both, if the difference is over 3 dB you get only the stronger (capture effect). In-between either = previous or obliteration can happen.

Reply to
josephkk

message

duplexer:

lop-W...

you really

120dB

these

strength of

improvements

networks."

and

could be

can talk

speak at

louder the

love to be

get a

Your irony turn off indicator was placed on line too high. Amphiboly intended.

Reply to
josephkk

national

that

gas

=20

Just like nuclear reactors would result in electric power too cheap to meter? Though the solar power NIMBYs have been rather quiet of late.

Reply to
josephkk

Better question, why did OP [Dick Bruere] copy and paste the text of the link as well as posting the link (without adding anything [of value])?

Reply to
josephkk

Solar power NIMBYs?

Reply to
krw

They would NIMBY, but they can't fire up their computer from their solar cell. :)

--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-Aid? on it, because it's
Teflon coated.

" snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

putting huge solar arrays(panels or mirrors) in desert locations will be harmful to the indigenous life there,and besides,solar panels and mirrors need a lot of scarce WATER to keep them clean. Nothing can or will be allowed to grow under the arrays,either. then there's the long HV distribution lines that environuts are constantly blocking.

I hear some environuts are actually coming around to appreciate nuclear power plants. clean,safe,and reliable electric power,in a compact footprint.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Oh, you mean "big solar".

However, most are just watermelons.

Reply to
krw

Considering the recent unrest in Northern Africa (or south side off the Mediterranean) the DESERTEC

idea does not look too interesting :-).

Reply to
upsidedown