Solar panels and EMP

Spares. That's how you store the electronics in your survival kit.

Cell phones will probably be worthless without working base stations. But I'd stash a spare 2 meter ham rig. The solar panels would come in handy if the grid goes down. But I'd look at protecting the battery charging equipment and inverters or having spares.

43rd Law of Computing:
Anything that can go wr
fortune: Segmentation violation -- core dumped
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

CB radio for the average person, especially in hilly terrain.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

A lot of people can't afford any spares.

What's wrong with a hand crank generator to charge the HT battery? You're certainly cranky enough to use one. ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell