Solar panel charge controller

"George Herold"

** You are destroying this NG - f*****ad.

By feeding the damn TROLLS !!!.

Reply to
Phil Allison

John S wrote in news:jh24mp$qpm$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

The leak current depends heavely on temperature, doubling for each 6 degrees celcius. And also depends on semiconductor quality. Last summer for example, the panel array of my neighbour, went down during high noon and no wind from 2700W to 2400W, more than 300W leaking away. Panel temperature at that time was about 60 dergrees, almost to hot to touch. The leak current at night can be reduced by using a high quality diode in series, or a charge controller which disconnects the panel.

Check what your panel does when the temperature goes up a bit.

Reply to
Sjouke Burry

I'd like to hear more about sulfating during overcharging.

Reply to
mike

Now, now. He just asked a simple question.

There are plenty of people here who are truly obnoxious, but Daku isn't one of them.

Jeroen Belleman

Reply to
Jeroen Belleman

"Jeroen Belleman"

** Fuck you - troll lover

** Your idiotic opinions are not facts.

Piss off.

... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Yeah, he probably thinks leaving it discharged for a week or two will get rid of the sulphate !!

Reply to
Rheilly Phoull

Don't forget this is not the usual reverse leakage current - the cells in the array are actually FORWARD biased by the battery.

kevin

Reply to
kevin93