Solar Heating With Black Blankets.

I'm using 2 layers of black blankets over the windows in one of my rooms. I've cut off the ventilation with duckt tape, and am using florescent light bulbs for lighting. The only real power draw I am using in my room comes from this computer. I've turned down the heat in the rest of the house because I'm not using it. And the black blankets in my room absorb all of the heat from the sun and warm the room, but at the same time trap it inside and prevent the cold air from coming through the windows. It is really strange people. It is warmer in this room than any other in the house, but do you think it is just because my body heat is trapped inside the room?

Reply to
CoreyWhite

Two questions:

1 - what as this got to do with alt.gothic? 2 - do your parents know you have done this. We previously established you are about 13 years old so surely you should be supervised?
Reply to
T Wake

How about

  1. Why don't you switch off your television set and go and do something less boring instead?
--

Just \\int_0^\\infty du it!
Reply to

And the heat from the sun, and the heat from the computer.

Why do you think it is strange that the room in the house with insulated windows and the heating turned on is warmer than the rooms with no heating and no insulated windows?

- Randy

Reply to
Randy Poe
[snip crap]

What inverse square law?

(Poe wants everyone in every thread to know he believes parabolic=20 antennas radiate omnidirectionally, and that they obey some strange=20 inverse square law as an omnidirectional antenna would. I'm asking the f***in' idiot troll how he comes to that ridiculous conclusion.)

Reply to
Sorcerer

Incorrect. Every real antenna has a beamwidth, an angular extent. A circular patch which is 1 degree wide doesn't cover an entire sphere, but the area of a 1 degree patch increases in proportion with the area of the whole sphere, i.e. as r^2.

That they do. But they needn't be omnidirectional. A sphere has area 4*pi*r^2. A patch which is one millionth of a sphere has area 0.000004*pi*r^2. It still grows as r^2.

Because the energy from real antennas covers a range of angles, in azimuth and elevation. And such an area is a constant fraction of a sphere.

- Randy

Reply to
Randy Poe

Duh. *Black* blankets. I think he's got himself covered on this one.

Reply to
Joseph Brenner

| > [snip crap] | >

| > What inverse square law? | >

| > (Poe wants everyone in every thread to know he believes parabolic | > antennas radiate omnidirectionally, |=20 | Incorrect.=20

Nah, Poe wants everyone in every thread to know he believes parabolic antennas radiate omnidirectionally, he said so himself, the f****ng = lying troll. =20

Reply to
Sorcerer