SN754410 alternative anynone?

Hello group.

I have been looking for an SN754410 alternative without success. I need a device with similar electrical characteristics (two coil drivers, 1A drive per channel, 4.5-30V input), but in a SMT (reflowable) package. The most close candidate I have been able to find is the Allegro 3964, but it only does 800mA, is not that cheap and difficult to source. Other technology than bipolar (eg DMOS) may do.

Thanks in advance. Cheers.

-- /"Contrary to what my colleagues have told you PabloBleyerKocik/ about the bleak prospects for silicon transistors, pablo / I happen to have a few of them here in my pocket." @bleyer.org / -- Gordon Teal at one 1954 IRE conference.

Reply to
pablobleyer

I went to TI and did a parametric search - according to the results, there are 3 Quad Half-H drivers, and the L293 is available in a 28SO PowerPad, but this does not have the clamp diodes. If you put on external clamps, you could use that, perhaps. Budgetary pricing $3.80 /

1k qtys.

Here's the heading:

Peripheral Drivers and Actuators: Parametric Table

The L293 may be found here

PeteS

Reply to
PeteS

/

That one is also in my list. I was avoiding adding external diodes, but it seems it will be the best choice considering price and availability.

Thanks again. Cheers.

-- PabloBleyerKocik /"I am overwhelmed by an irresistible temptation pablo / to do my climb by moonlight and unroped." @bleyer.org / -- William Shockley

Reply to
Pablo Bleyer Kocik

find

You might check out parts from STMicro and Vishay, available through mouser.com, namely the L620x and SI998x families ....

- dan michaels

Reply to
dan