sn754410 or L293D

I don't know which IC to pick between sn754410 or L293D; I need a Half- Bridge Driver for my stepper because it's a bipolar. Those IC's are both made by Texas Instrument. There is a huge price difference (digikey) and they are almost the same, I can't seem to identify the difference expect that the L293D have an internal diodes and the sn754410 doesn't. And I looked on line for difference and I couldn't find any proper explanation

sn754410

Price: 1.88 $ / unit

L293D

Price: 4.32 / unit

So which one do you think I should go for? I was going for the L293D but now I am not sure anymore because I need 3 of those!

Thanks you

Reply to
Zulander

Why not specify your load?

regards - Henry

"Zulander" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@q2g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... | I don't know which IC to pick between sn754410 or L293D; I need a Half- | Bridge Driver for my stepper because it's a bipolar. Those IC's are | both made by Texas Instrument. There is a huge price difference | (digikey) and they are almost the same, I can't seem to identify the | difference expect that the L293D have an internal diodes and the | sn754410 doesn't. And I looked on line for difference and I couldn't | find any proper explanation | | | | sn754410

| | Price: 1.88 $ / unit | | | | L293D
| | Price: 4.32 / unit | | | | So which one do you think I should go for? I was going for the L293D | but now I am not sure anymore because I need 3 of those! | | Thanks you |

Reply to
Henry Kiefer