Smps Nonlinear Carrier Controller

I found this on:

It's on page 7 and a large signal model on page 9. The benefit is no power stage damping.

How does a smps nonlinear carrier controller work? Can anyone spare a nonlinear carrier controllers for dummies explanation? Or a link to some better reading. D from BC

Reply to
D from BC

yeah, Dragan did, in an older paper ;)

IEEE trans power electronics, alas cant remember which one.

heres an example. Run a DCM flyback converter from a full wave rectified supply (no cap).

run it at constant on time

know Vin = Lp*dI/dt

dt = constant

Lp = constant

dI = Vin*(dt/ton) = K*Vin

so input current peaks follow |sin| envelope. voila, control-free PFC

the NLC method uses an analogous approach. write down the equations for input current as a function of Vin, D then solve for D

Cheers Terry

Reply to
Terry Given

Thanks for the kickstart... :) D from BC

Reply to
D from BC

If I run across the paper I'll post the reference. Im just too lazy to scan thru a gazillion professional comics :)

Cheers Terry

Reply to
Terry Given

IIRC the paper is in the same directory, which is (was) browsable (???).

--
Thanks,
Fred.