small hv supplies

I never intended to service it, and scade says they're reliable. The epoxy will keep out moisture and crud. The biologist involved does most of her field research on a motorcycle.

John

Thanks, but I bought the Emco. It has up to +3000 and -3000 from ground (dual outputs) which we may need. Single-piece was $120. I can front it with a 12-volt battery and an adjustable regulator and use it out in the woods.

John

$120 you say? I like ERG's line of HV modules. Good stuff for $20 to 30, and 1200V modules on over-run special, $3 each, see the bottom of the page,

and

 Thanks,
    - Win
Reply to
Winfield Hill

Cute, but I need DC out, sealed, adjustable voltage, and the Emco had bipolar outputs, which we mey need as well. It was worth $120 to not have to hassle with it, for one piece.

It has previously occurred to me that a ccfl backlight inverter is a lot of stuff for the money.

Thanks,

John

On Sat, 05 Aug 2006 09:11:39 -0700, John Larkin Gave us:

Those would have been cheaper, and they are RTV encapsulated, so the crud thing you mentioned would not be an issue. They also have dual output versions. It would actually still be cheaper to buy two, and use one for each polarity.

Also, if you'll look over the site, that company is far more advanced than Emco is.

Reply to
Phat Bytestard

Who cares? I had a problem and I solved it in five minutes for $120. Good enough for me.

John

There's another post about those tennis racket style bug zappers. You might also look into those Sharper Image electrostatic fans (the little desktop sized ones).

Stop Continental Drift! Re-unite Gondwanaland!
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.