Skybuck's Hypothesis on RTX 2080 failures FE (PCB cracks/fractures cause of screwing/stress process)

Hello,

Here is my hypothesis why some RTX 2080's Founder Edition might be failing:

These particular graphics cards have a lot of screws in.

All this screwing screwed it LOL.

But I am serious... perhaps all this screwing caused PCB cracks.

This hypothesis is not really mine it's from a repair man which tried to re pair one of my electronic devices.

It shaked and heated a lot, his hypothesis was the PCB was cracked, so now the question is why is it cracked if it's cracked, cracked by heat ? or cra cked by vibrations ?

So if it was vibrations or maybe even a combination of heat... but less foc us on vibrations and stress for a moment.

If somehow these graphics cards/pcbs are under a lot of stress in the facto ry and pressure is applied a little bit too much, perhaps this may cause th e PCB to break/crack while screwing all these screws in.

So NVIDIA should use a microscope or something or even x-rays on defective returned RMA samples and check if the PCB is indeed fractured/broken to see if this hypothesis has any merit.

If so then fabrication process can be examined more closely to see why this happened, or it can just be the cost of manufacturing it like this, with x percent fall out, better would be ofcourse trying to prevent this in the f irst place for higher profit margin and better customer statisfaction ! ;) :)

Bye, Skybuck.

Reply to
skybuck2000

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote in news:cee2b7bc-7d26-4329-8040- snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

No... NO! It is the YOU futzing around with them that breaks EVERYTHING you ever owned that 'got broke'.

Yer a bloomin' idiot.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Or cracked from over-torquing the screws when you are messing around with them. You really have to be careful when working with precision mechanical items to torque appropriately and evenly, especially if they are subject to thermal stress or vibration.

Ray

Reply to
Ray Otwell