Sirius Satellite Radio Antenna stopped working.....

Ok, there are three comedy channels, at least one old-time radio channel, and a radio theater channel. All commercial free.

Ok, you got me with the bagpipes. I don't see the bagpipe channel. ;-)

Passive aggressive too...

It must be tough living in a world inhabited by other people.

No, but I don't go ballistic when I see the golden arches either.

That's a temporary thing. What happens when her training period is over and she has time to relax?

--
  Keith
Reply to

the

I have "Home Theater", "Appliances", etc. Got tired of losing instructions and blinking VCR's ;-)

...Jim Thompson

It's probably catalogued under "S&M". Specialized stuff.

It might conceivably be, if she minded. As she doesn't, it isn't. It's more like the other way round - she knows that if she wants to get me out of the room, all she has to do is turn on the TV.

You completely missed my point. The fact that these things are readily available on the market clearly indicates that other people also want to have the option of watching or listening to exactly what they want, exactly when they want it. You're the maverick here. It must be relaxing for you never to have to make a decision about what you want to hear or see; just turn on the somavision and float off.

What if they employed hawkers who roamed the streets stuffing scratch-n-sniff Big Mac flyers into your open car window and squirting passersby with eau de french fry?

Then - if she wants to - she'll call them and turn it back on. This is not rocket science. But I'm not continuing to pay $60 or something per month when none of the TVs in our house have even been switched on for about three months.

Reply to
zwsdotcom

In my (home) office I have two (4-drawer-vertical ) and two (2-drawer-horizontal) file cabinets.

In off-site storage I have four more vertical cabinets.

I save every design I've ever done... since ~1960 ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Not sure what the joke is there... but if I stripped off the graphics and only showed you the text, I suspect you'd have great difficulty telling which site you were looking at. Same news.

Reply to
zwsdotcom

CNN tends toward the left, Fox toward the right.

Are you sure you actually read the news ?:-)

...Jim Thompson

You clearly have no interest in what she wants and make that apparent. Though there is no reason two can't play the same game.

No, you're aggravated by trivial things like some far-away disc- jockey for the two seconds it takes for your tuner to lock in. If that two seconds ruins your day, what does the kid in the next car with the 4' bass driver cranked up to 120dB do to you?

Wow, you do get violent!

And if she want's to turn the brain to squash for an hour?

--
  Keith
Reply to

The wife is probably scouting for a new mate ;-)

Most women don't like controlling males. And these males are typically the dangerous types... divorce them and they stalk and kill.

I don't know why it is that some males have no clue that the best female companion is the one who is totally free to do as she pleases.

...Jim Thompson

There's a perceptible difference?

Only the bits that catch my interest - i.e. precious little of it.

Reply to
zwsdotcom

pabulum? (Or perhaps Pablum? :-) )

Reply to
Huey

To a blind dog, yes.

No interests either, eh?

--
  Keith
Reply to

Which my wife is. She'd much rather spend that $60 on Broadway tickets for herself and her friends than on a TV service she doesn't have time to watch.

You're a weird one, Thompson.

Reply to
zwsdotcom

I don't go quite that far, but will let her do as she pleases. I have the right of refusal. Sometimes I use it. ;-)

--
  Keith
Reply to

I suppose three-toed sloths can tell each other apart. To me they all look the same.

As near as I can estimate, none that would be reported in the Reader's Digest version of the world reported on news sites/TV channels.

Reply to
zwsdotcom

In message , dated Thu, 17 Aug 2006, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com writes

It's a requirement for participation in this NG. RFC9642.37

-- OOO - Own Opinions Only. Try

and

2006 is YMMVI- Your mileage may vary immensely.

John Woodgate

In message , dated Thu,

17 Aug 2006, Keith writes

But is there a reciprocal agreement? And if you exercise your right, does it have any effect, or is it like a UN resolution? (;-)

2006 is YMMVI- Your mileage may vary immensely.

John Woodgate

I find "Blue Collar Comedy" on Sirius to be quite informative ;-)

...Jim Thompson

That's fine. I was just wondering. You come off as a domineering husband.

Takes one to know one ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Just about as useless ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Nah! You got it wrong. It's RFC9642.37.a.1 ;-)

...Jim Thompson