Single supply DC amp IC

Can anyone recommend an amp IC that will raise a 2V input to 18V and runs on a single supply rail? Desired frequency response is several Hz to 10KHz. Load is no more than 50ma.

Thank you any replies.

Klaus Jensen

Reply to
Klaus Jensen

50mA is a bit much for a normal opamp, so think about an audio poweramp like a TDA2030. ST have/had a reasonable datasheet

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

Whats the part number of that TO220-5 packaged power op amp???? L75 or similar??? May be worth a look - low cost.

Reply to
Borat

The tda2050 is made by several manufacturers, so I cant really give a part number, check your local electronic supplier. But note that it's gain is fixed, internally, which may/not be a problem

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

forget the fixed gain stuff, was thinking of something else :-(

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

The National Semiconductor version of the ST part is the LM675

Farnell stock it for about $10 in small quantities. The data sheet isn't written in terms of single supply operation, but the circuit diagram in the data suggests that it might work with an input 2v above the negative rail. Jim Thompson will probably tell us how I've misread the datasheet ...

--
Bill Sloman, Nijmegen
Reply to