Single IC oscillator +/- 5 V supply

A low voltage op-amp, or just a transistor...

Best Wishes

Reply to
Roger Hamlett

How about just AC couple the output of a 0 - 5V Oscillator?

Reply to
Mook Johnson

If you can locate a suitable TTL level (0 to 5V) output, you can drive that into a MAXIM MAX232 chip and get +/- output swing for your device.

I believe you can get about +/- * volts out of the MAX232 and if this is to high, use a pot to voltage divide it down.

Cheers!

pdrunen

Reply to
pdrunen

Can anyone point me to a single IC oscillator circuit that uses a crystal timebase. and runs off a split supply?

I need 1KHz and was looking at a CD4060. However, a +/- 2.5V input swing is required for an Analog Devices MLT04 multipler.

Kind regards,

Robert Wilson

Reply to
Robert Wilson

WOW !

Words fail me.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

Run the CD4060 off your +/-5V supply and use an attenuator on the output.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

"Robert Wilson" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Well,

I see two possibilities. One: Use a capacitor. Two: Power the CD4060 with plus and minus 5V. A voltage divider between the output and 0V will give the +/- 2.5V you need.

petrus bitbyter

Reply to
petrus bitbyter

You can run any 5V type logic with its positive supply pin tied to a +2.5V supply and its negative supply pin tied to -2.5V. It only sees the 5V difference, as long as you don't let it see the real ground.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Jones

Others have suggested the obvious.

How about floating the MLT04 up at +2.5V?

Also why are you using a multiplier in the first place. An op-amp and analog switch may be a better way to go.

kensmith@rahul.net   forging knowledge
Reply to
Ken Smith

Better yet use a voltage output DAC and wire the 1KHz square wave to the data input.