silly economics

But you are claiming that views expressed were universal among the framers of the constitution. And then only quote John Jay.

I could do the same thing. Quote B. Sanders and then claim that everyone wanted to have free college tuition.

You really need to look at what was passed.

The States were given the authority to determine who could vote. Not the action of anyone wanting to keep control.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

The credit laws that limit liability on credit cards don't apply to debit cards. However, if it's a "branded" (Visa or MasterCard) debit card *AND* used as a credit card (pin is NOT used), Visa and MC will treat it as if it were. OTOH, if you use the PIN, the transaction goes through one of the inter-bank networks (NYCE, or such) and it's up to your bank how they deal with the situation. Most will still cover fraud and loss but they're not required to. In any case, it's money out of your account, rather than your credit line, until the situation is resolved. Often this isn't much of a problem but it can be.

Up until now the bank's losses haven't been enough of an incentive to do chip and pin, here. Rebuilding the system isn't free.

I don't think that would fly here. Though Samsung Pay really looks like interesting technology. My banks don't deal with it, though.

...and the guy next to him skims the card and everyone under the sun uses it as a tracker.

It is just passed on. Those with cash back cards get subsidized by those paying cash.

Not really. In most of the country, housing is dirt cheap. It's expensive in large cities, particularly in the NE and far West but it's quite reasonable between the coasts.

You've been listening to Slowman again. The US job market isn't binary. Sure, there aren't many engineering jobs within the city limits of Detroit or in South Chicago but the country is a big place.

There are plenty of tech jobs all over the US. I did live in New York (about 90 miles North of NYC) for almost 20 years but other than that, I've managed to keep employed staying *far* away from both NYC or Kalifornicate.

Reply to
krw