silicon for sealing connectors

Hello All, Question: can I use silicon for sealing connectors with exposed conductors? If so, which spicific silicon I should use?

(I tried some generic tube from home depot and surface of the solder joints got all gray in few days. Then I read on the tube it contains acid.)

Thank you,

Andre

Reply to
Andrey

"Andrey

** Any one that is labelled as " Non Acid ", " Neutral Cure " or as being suitable for use with metals.

Typically intended as a roof and gutter sealant or for automotive repairs.

** Smells strongly of acetic acid - right ??

Must be avoided.

...... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

RTV162 by GE

It is not self leveling so it can be somewhat messy. Excellent adhesion.

Regards,

Boris Mohar

void _-void-_ in the obvious place

Boris Mohar

Get Dow/Corning 111. That is basically spark plug boot grease. It a sealant that never hardens, high dielectric strength and will not attack metals or plastics.

Reply to
gfretwell

Most anything called sensor safe sold in auto parts stores should be OK.

greg

Reply to
GregS

Gawd, I hate X-No-Archive. If there's anything more selfish, I haven't seen it.

Reply to
JeffM

Pompous assholes afraid of leaving a "paper" trail ?:-)

Agent provides for ignoring "X-No-Archive" in follow-ups, so it's easy to negate such asshole actions ;-)

...Jim Thompson

I'm mixed on using it myself.

PLUSES: It might improve s/n -- it's getting harder and harder to find things. Saves us from, at some future time--when we're older and wiser--regretting dumb stuff we might have said in our youth ;-). NEGATIVES: When posting real, technical info, deprives future searchers of the data, thwarting one of the mind-amplifying benefits of this new medium.

All-in-all, if gfretwell wants to take part in today's conversation but doesn't want it recorded for all eternity, I figure he has that right, and I've none to complain.

Best, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

I never really thought about it. I am guessing that is the default in Agent

Reply to
gfretwell

Agent default is X-NO-ARCHIVE un-checked and don't respect the request in follow-ups.

...Jim Thompson