Signal integrity software

So BobW told me Hyperlynx... any others?

Reply to
Jon Slaughter

You can probably use general purpose Spice-based simulators like LTSpice, too, but they won't be as SI-tailored as HyperLynx or SiSoft or others.

Also, you need to be able to import IBIS files for a particular component. These files describes the output and input characteristics of the I/O cells. I'm not sure if LTSpice can import IBIS directly (I would think not).

If you take the time to understand the IBIS file format, however, you can do the modeling manually, but what a pita.

It's much easier just to spend the $10K for HyperLynx. The economy won't ever turn around, and we're all going to die eventually, and the concept of reincarnation is too risky, so just go ahead and spend the money. Plus, women adore men who understand how to run SI simulators.

Bob

--
== All google group posts are automatically deleted due to spam ==
Reply to