Siemens Data Books from the 1970s

Going through boxes of old catalogs et al, I came upon some Siemens data books published in the 1970s, and I'm wondering if there is any reason not to recycle the paper. There are four 6" by 8.25" paperback books:

"Schaltbeispiele" (in German) is a bunch of circuit design examples. I probably got these while working in Sweden. I have two copies, one "Ausgabe 1977/78" (192 pages, with a sticker saying it was provided by their Stockholm office), the other "Ausgabe 1978/79" (229 pages, no sticker). The circuit examples are different.

"Design Examples of Semiconductor Circuits", Edition 1978/79. Is the English translation of "Schaltbeispiele Ausgabe 1978/79", 221 pages.

Data Book 1980/81 (in English), 591 pages.

Joe Gwinn

Reply to
Joe Gwinn

If you decide to recycle (scrap) them, consider sending them along to AEK (bitsavers) in the hope that he may incorporate them into his archive? (drop him a note, beforehand, to see if he has any interest and, more importantly, the *time* to scan them!)

Reply to
Don Y

Siemens passive component databooks are fairly common,but the only semiconductor manuals I've seen from them are 'ICs for entertainment' and 'ICs for Industrial'. These include only a simple application test circuit for an IC type, or pair.

Your's should probably be scanned.

Seimens used acid-fee paper, so these will last on a bookshelf.

RL

Reply to
legg

AEK?

Joe Gwinn

Reply to
Joe Gwinn

This Data Book is "ICs for Entertainment Electronics".

I don't remember why I had that data book. Although the entertainment ICs are probably large volume and low cost.

By AEK perhaps.

Yes. The paper has not yellowed at all, even after 40 years.

Joe Gwinn

Reply to
Joe Gwinn

?