Plethora of (old) data and application books

Hi,

stumbled over it yesterday;

HTH

Reinhard

Reply to
Reinhard Zwirner

Thanks, Dan

Reply to
dcaster

Thanks. Aren't there any download links? It looks like you have to preview each one before a 'download' button appears, so you have to download it twice and click a lot more. Cloud sites are always so stupidly designed.

Thanks again, anyway. :)

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

While it isn't necessary for Google to scan them in this case, to have a

32MB limit is beyond stupid.

"Google Drive can't scan this file for viruses.

1979_SIGNETICS_ANALOG_APPLI.PDF (32M) exceeds the maximum size that Google can scan. Would you still like to download this file?"
Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

Yesterday, a nice person posted a link where one can download a ZIP file containing all books:

Bye

Reinhard

Reply to
Reinhard Zwirner

The download ZIP file is 3.7GBytes. This will take a while depending on your internet connection speed.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

Who did all those scans?

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

I'm not sure who did the scans, but this was posted on the Yahoo! TekScopes group:

All the digitized semiconductor data books we collected over the years at Sphere, along with tubes, app notes, time codes, and tek/hp cross-refs and concepts are now up in the first location, thanks to John Allen (K1AE). he has parked them here on his google drive, nicely laid out by the book categories: ... If anybody has the old classic semiconductor reference guides motorola put out, that list every single !N, 2N and 3N registered number, please let me know! That's the one thing I haven't located, other than my paper copies.

Hope these prove useful, they really cover a lot of ground. all the best, walter (walter2 -at- sphere.bc.ca) sphere research corp.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Firefox 45.0.1, Windoze XP SP3. Internet via the neighbors Comcast connection because my DSL line is currently down. I also checked the above URL on my tablet, Chromebook, and Win 10 media player. They all work without a certificate error.

If you're getting a certificate error from Google, you have a big problem. The usual culprit is the wrong date and time. Also try a different browser to be sure that your unspecified browser isn't the problem. It would be helpful to know what browser and OS you're using.

Firefox can be misconfigured to accept any site, regardless of the certificate: I would not do this until after you have exhausted all the other troubleshooting options.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Jeff Liebermann

They originate from Sphere Research in Kelowna, BC. Good place to order tubes from.

RL

Reply to
legg

Sorry. I missed your original posting and only saw your reply to my comments, which did not include the browser and OS names. I don't read every posting. I guess I should have checked for your postings up-thread.

Congrats. The only problem is that if you don't have a known cause for the problem, it might be back.

I have some local customers that are stuck with satellite internet. I know all about the midnight downloads. You have my sympathy. Incidentally, most are on Exede (Wild Blue) internet, not Hughesnet.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Jeff Liebermann

Huh, Hey thanks for the wild blue lead... (I'm also a hughesnet user, but would like to not have the hard data caps.)

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

It might be worth the effort dropping a few trees. When I had DirecTV, I was shooting through a "hole" in the tree canopy: Every year, the tree grew a little and tried to fill in the hole. Twice a year, when the sun got behind the satellite belt, I would look for where the light was shining on my roof, and move the dish to a slightly different location[1]. Any shadows showing on the dish were bad news. You might ask your neighbor if you could put a hole in the tree canopy for your dish.

I would not recommend a dish on top of a 60ft pole (or tower). I've tried similar mountings with lousy results. The problem is that the pole moves with changes in temperature, even if you have guy wires, which also move. At Ka band, you're trying to maintain about +/- 0.5 degree pointing accuracy. That's difficult to do and also very difficult to stabilize. You might be able to do it with a motorized positioner, but I suspect that you'll get tired of the constant adjustments. Also, Exede insists that their authorized installer does the initial installation. They'll probably refuse to do the 60ft pole mount in the allocated time window.

[1] Solar outage calculators: etc...
--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Jeff Liebermann

On Wed, 30 Mar 2016 08:54:35 -0400, Neon John Gave us:

Better check if there is an FCC limit to the height of such an "antenna".

60 feet might be it, antenna and all, so take care.

I can't believe the dopes installing Exede service could not find a place in your yard or roof where there is a clear shot to the ViaSat-1 bird.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On Wed, 30 Mar 2016 09:23:39 -0700 (PDT), George Herold Gave us:

ViaSat's Exede service (no longer called WildBlue) has hard data caps, inasmuch as you pay more after you exceed them. I think it is like $12 per GB more.

I think their baseline service is like $79 a month.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On Wed, 30 Mar 2016 09:38:17 -0700, Jeff Liebermann Gave us:

The spot beams on the ViaSat-1 bird are a lot better than the Hughes technology was/is.

I'd bet they are quite tolerant of slight station movements.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On Wed, 30 Mar 2016 10:01:34 -0700, Jeff Liebermann Gave us:

Exede only has one bird. ViaSat-1. It has 72 spot beams and covers the entire US with one bird.

"The satellite will be positioned at the Isle of Man registered 115.1 degrees West longitude geostationary orbit point, with 72 Ka-band spot beams; 63 over the U.S. (Eastern and Western states, Alaska and Hawaii), and nine over Canada"

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On Wed, 30 Mar 2016 10:01:34 -0700, Jeff Liebermann Gave us:

You can turn ALL of that OFF. Do not say "No you can't" because you most certainly CAN.

You can also set your wireless up to turn itself off during specific, user defined hours of 'non-use'.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On Wed, 30 Mar 2016 13:27:55 -0400, DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno Gave us:

And/or you ethernet hooks. You can likely even meter the exede modem to shut off during specified hours.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Ouch! I don't know about Exede, but when I went online and then entered my zip code (14082) I got sent to a WildBlue site. They had something called the "liberty Pass" that claims to throttle down load speed to

1-5 Mbps. I think I could live with that speed all the time.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold