seven segment

hi friends, I have a problem with seven segment matrix display .it was working in a device but the display damaged & I hadnot any data except it's dimension nearly ( 51mm*22mm) when I search I found disply has the same dimension& the same number of pins(40pins) & this number typed on the surface(gd-057bp0808055I want to decide the correct direction for the new display if it is ok.

thank you for any advice yar

Reply to
st_yar

hi friends, I have a problem with seven segment matrix display .it was working in a device but the display damaged & I hadnot any data except it's dimension nearly ( 51mm*22mm) when I search I found disply has the same dimension& the same number of pins(40pins) & this number typed on the surface(gd-057bp0808055I want to decide the correct direction for the new display if it is ok.

thank you for any advice yar

Reply to
st_yar

You probably ought to extract the damaged display and try and work out which of the surviving pins go to which of the surviving light emitting diodes.

You have to worry about the colour of the LEDs - and don't forget that there are several different sorts of red LEDs - and work out whether the LEDs shared a common cathode or a common anode before you can start worrying about which pin drives which segment.

The number of the surface of your damaged display doesn't say anything to me, and sounds as if it might be a batch code, which wouldn't tell you anything.

------------------ Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
bill.sloman