Semi-OT, electronics museums in Europe?

We will be doing some tripping around France, Italy, Greece, much of former Yugoslavia, Austria, Hungary, Germany and Poland late this year.

Any must-see radio/electronics museums or other places out there?

Barry lennox

Reply to
Barry Lennox

Make sure you give eastern France a sniff ;-)

...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

Barry Lennox skrev:

Deutsches museum in Munich, worlds biggest technical museum

-Lasse

Reply to
langwadt

"Barry Lennox" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Musée Ampères, near Lyon (Poleymieux) in the house were he was born. Very interesting.

--
Thanks,
Fred.

The National Museum of Science and Technology in Milano is well worth a visit. If you happen to find yourself around Krakow, the Wieliczka salt mine is interesting, and not far from there, Topf and Sons has some 1930s oven technology on display in Oswiecim.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Hello Lasse,

But plan ahead to decide which parts to visit. It is huge. Then in the evening there is the Hofbraeuhaus :-)

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

The Musee de Arts et Metiers in Paris is open again

and should be much improved from when I saw it before it was closed for very necessary renovations in 1993.

IIRR it then had one of Jacques de Vaucanson's original lathes, and made absolutely no fuss about it at all, which was disgraceful.

--
Bill Slloman, Nijmegen
Reply to

Greece, much of

this

there?

The Musee de Arts et Metiers in Paris is open again

and should be much improved from when I saw it before it was closed for very necessary renovations in 1993.

IIRR it then had one of Jacques de Vaucanson's original lathes, and made absolutely no fuss about it at all, which was disgraceful.

--
Bill Slloman, Nijmegen
Reply to
Bill Sloman

I visited it a few months ago. They have lots of interesting stuff like Pascal's original calculator, old scientific instruments, a Cray II, etc. I also liked Marie Curie's house and lab. It's quite small but fascinating. It's near the Pantheon.

Leon

Leon

Reply to
Leon