saving water

When I was a kid, we had an Angora cat - a breed that has long, thick fur. Pieces of excrement would stick to his fur and just stay there, hanging. We had to trim his hair to remove them.

Once, my sister was trimming the hair around his rear, and she called to our father for help. "Daddy, he keeps jumping when I try to cut this one off." He explained that it was not what she thought.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

That's what I think of when I see people wasting energy on treadmills and stationary bicycles. They could at least power the elevator people take to the second floor where the step machines are.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

Two spaces after a period went away with the advent of automatic typesetting, variable pitch font, and word processing. The space after a period is still supposed to be larger than the space after a comma or between words.

The idea behind double-spaced lines was to allow space for (manual) editing.

We've served several cats. None would get wet, though a few liked playing with dripping water and one would "drown" its "mice" in its water bowl.

Reply to
krw

ROTFL poor cat though

I helped to put our cats in bath when I was a teenager. What a mess but it had to be done because they where a walking flea circus. I did notice a cat is 50% fur.

Reply to
N. Coesel

Had a really old calico some years ago, it snuck out to the back yard & got covered with fleas. Got rid of most of them in the jacuzzi! I guess the old bones liked the heat, she didn't bitch at all.

Reply to
Bill Martin

And the other 90% teeth and claws.

Reply to