satellites

This is really cool:

http://stuffin.space/

use the mouse roller to zoom, and click-hold to spin around.

lunatic fringe electronics

IE freaked out, Are you using Firefox?

Martin Riddle

Yes. It's fabulous. It drives a lot like SolidWorks.

The geosync sats have an interesting distribution. Most are directly over the equator, but some are tilted, and there are relatively few over the mid-Pacific.

The pulldown specials are fun, like the nav sats and the Westford Needles.

Get Firefox!

lunatic fringe electronics

Neat !

Sure looks crowded when the dots representing the sats are a significant fraction of the earth's diameter.

Reply to
Adrian Jansen

There has been the odd collision:

Of course, there might have been more we don't know about!

--
Mike Perkins
Video Solutions Ltd

That is cool! Thanks

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Superb, thanks!( google Chrome is OK)

TTman

Indeed it is! Thanks for the link.

Did you notice the "About" button? The author is an _incoming freshman_. I.e., a high school kid!

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

On 8/14/2016 6:45 PM, Adrian Jansen wrote: ...

True, but drawn-to-scale isn't gonna' work

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

Yeah, I emailed him to thank him for doing that. Might be an interesting kid to know.

lunatic fringe electronics

Calculating orbits is pretty interesting.

Martin Riddle

It helps to use an OS more modern than Win2K...

Reply to
Robert Baer

OS = 'Obsolete Software'

Reply to