Reformating a page?

Hi, I run into this every once in a while, I go to a page and have to use the slider back and forth to read the ends of sentences. Example:

I would also like to print the page, but the ends of the sentences are cut off. Is there an easy way to reformat the page? I have Word, to copy to. I don't want to have to correct each sentence.

Thanks, Mike

Reply to
amdx

seems fine in Firefox2, but if you use FF there are a couple of tricks that may work

1) View... text size. 2) View.. pagestyle, No style

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

Hi Mike I am using a screen resolution of 1280x1024 and I don't have to right or left scroll to view the article. From viewing the HTML source I figured that the that encloses all of the nice page that you are viewing is of width of 800 pixels. So I guess you are using something like 800x600 for screen resolution and because of the existance of the vertical scroll bar you don't get to see some of the end characters without scrolling. If you cannot switch to a better resolution save the page localy to your computer. Then open the saved webpage and change the table width to something less than 800, lets say 750 and save back. The lines around the HTML tag looks like: ...

.... This would, probably, help to solve the printing problem as well, BUT I would suggest you to use Firefox to print the webpage since it can Auto Fit it (use print preview) in order to print it without cutting off the line ends.RegardsGM

Reply to
GM

  • mouse scroll wheel to zoom the text size.* Right-click + mouse scroll wheel to zoom images (if you have Image Zoom add-in installed)>
  • note that this also works (in FF anyway) while you are looking at the print preview. You can zoom out a bit to get the ends of the lines to fit the page.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Thanks for that

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

Hi Spehro, I can zoom in but I can't zoom out enough to see the whole page. Any other thoughts?

Reply to
amdx

Thanks, I adjusted my screen resolution to 1024 x 768, then I hit "select all" and pasted into Word. This made the page printable. Mike

Reply to
amdx

You probably have your "text-size" set to "large".

...Jim Thompson

I was wrong, the page looked good on preview, but when I printed it the end of senrences was missing!

Reply to
amdx

Download FireFox (the most popular web browser after M$ Internet Explorer)

Then open the web page with it and select File->Print Preview from the Menu. You can then select a scale to fit the web page. The pre-selected scale is "Shrink To Fit". Even if that doesn't work, use an other scale like

80%

Regards GM

Reply to
GM