Sarah Palin - hot or not?

Roe v Wade is unlikely to be overturned, even with a new court. And states can still make their own laws if it is.

Hillary blew it with an astoundingly disorganized and inept campaign. If Hillary got so close mostly because she's a woman, Hurricane Sarah will get a lot of that same boost.

Yes. Small and mid-town America are where the majority of the votes, and the especially swing votes, are.

Jonh

w, is

I must be missing the logic here. What does imprisonment have to do with cowardness?

Is a POW a steeling ground for tremendous personal resolve? Is that what you're trying to ascribe to McCain?

And do you also assert that because neither Obama or Biden were POW's that they are somehow not equally resolved?

As for Excel, most engineers use it. How can you possibly function without it in this day and age without it?? Unless you're one of the stoneage engineers I mentioned previously. (Which would seem to explain your comment.)?

The point of that (which you obviously missed when you elected instead to simply attack what you could not understand) is this: Experience from the 60's is not all that relevant today. Sorry, but that's just the way it is. The world has changed. Keep up or get left behind.

Reply to
mpm

Possibly, but I doubt many women will take the risk. Besides, that nuance position is too convoluted to explain to most voters anyway. And if Roe v. Wade is simply scaled back, I'm still not convinced society will be better off with all these unwanted pregnancies coming to term. We have enough economic problems already - and you can bet any change to Roe v. Wade will disproportionally affect the lower class.

No argument there, though the word "astoundingly" is a bit of a reach...

-mpm

Reply to
mpm

Oh, and one other "problem". Unlike all you wealty Republicans, I actually have to get some billable work done today! :)

Unfortunately, part of that includes taking the dachshund to the vet. He's 13-1/2, and I've been here before....

(Last night was not particularly restful.)

-mpm

Reply to
mpm

I was hoping to confirm this (although it seems true on its surface). Obliquely, the link below confirms that registration vs. voter turn out is higher for the midwest than other parts of the country.

Anyway, there's a lot of good data in the following:

-mpm

Reply to
mpm

I'm not wealthy, and my pensions aren't enough to get by, so I'm working all the time.

My heart is with you. I had to put down a 15+ year-old Dachshund male last Spring. Then later in the year a 9-year-old female with an infection they couldn't cure :-(

Now the 5-year-old female has "dry eye" and I have to put drops in her eyes twice a day.

BTDT :-(

...Jim Thompson

     It\'s what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

Indeed. Compiled data, however, is more correctly termed as "information", which is defined as the end result of data collection.

Compiled data.

Great sheet, btw. Thanks.

Reply to
UltimatePatriot

John Lark>Now THAT's funny... Obama can't think without a teleprompter,

I saw on TV the Saddleback event in SoCal. Both majory-party candidates showed they can think on their feet.

It could be my anti-superstition bent, but my impression was that McCain did more pandering to that audience (no surprise to me).

JeffM

In the most general sense. I've always said McCain is a stand-up guy.

Gore, certainly.

Kerry's mission was every bit as dangerous as a pilot's.

?az=printer_friendly%26forum=132%26topic_id=704855+*-*-*-*-*-*-*-75-percent-chance-of-being-*-*-wounded-*-*-*-*+hope.to.get.shot.at One guy (who was there) thinks Kerry should have an additional Silver Star:
*-*-*-*-*-*-*-75-percent-chance-of-being-*-*-wounded-*-*-*-*+*-*-*-*-*-instead+with.his.good.arm&strip=1

No doubt about that.

Combined with his legendary short fuse, that may not be a good thing.

...and David Hackworth has a view on McCain's decorations:

*-Purple-Hearts+20.hours+htm+htm+*-*.*-*-78-*-*+htm+htm+narrative&strip=1 If you don't recognize the name of that author, his bona fides are at the bottom of that page.

Reply to
JeffM

On Thu, 04 Sep 2008 08:08:23 -0700, in sci.electronics.design, Jim Thompson bloviated:

And the standard right wing ideologue response to a well thought out personal analysis and statement.

A personal attack. No actual thinking or refutation of the analysis. Jerk that knee and attack the messenger. Shows you just how defensive they have become.

Anyone wonder why the economy is in bad shape, 10billion a month is dumped into a hole and flushed away, thousands of new terrorists, dollar in the toilet and every penny of good will the US spent 2 centuries building pissed away by an arrogant and illiterate moron.

And here are Larkin and Thompson swilling the kool-aid by the gallon.

Oh yeah, did you hear the story about the two hockey moms and how well their two children are doing while no longer in school?

Reply to
aaa

Because what she, and her team, did was enormously effective.

John

As I said, what matters is how one behaves.

That he's not a coward.

We can't tell. You only learn about a person's courage when they are seriously tested. Passing the bar exam isn't a suitable test.

I use Spice occasionally. If I have a serious computational problem to solve, I write a program. And I leave the bean counting to the bean counters, who use serious accounting software. Spreadsheets and PowerPoint are more likely to switch off thinking than inspire it.

Most of the engineering spreadsheets that I have seen had at least one error, which didn't stop the authors from believing the results.

Unless you're one of the

Character, from whatever time, is.

Here's "stoneage" for you:

John

he milf

iant.

/...

i...

=3DY

I recall you said "Brilliant. And funny." Since then, we have established the points that she may or may not have had a brilliant speech writer, and that she was preceived as funny by the rubes on the floor.

Now what do you mean by "effective" Do you mean she has won over many previously-undecided voters? Or perhaps you mean that she hasn't driven away any of those voters already committed to McCain?

Reply to
Richard Henry

ion

ence

=EF=BF=BDKeep

Ha!! VME backplanes. I would classify that as at least the Bronze Age. Now S-100.... There's stone age. :)

-mpm

Reply to
mpm

Eight points in four days ain't bad:

John

.

ript-saddleback-...

Yeah, extemporaneous speaking is a real plus for high government office. Deliberate, tactful, and contemplative speech is totally over-rated.

Anyone remember G-W's famous taunt: "Bring it On!"?

Besides, you don't honestly think either candidate needed a teleprompter. (Well, unless you're stupid.) Especially not Palin. The stakes were way too high. She had that baby memorized, and the whole thing was correagraphed. Probably on that same back lot stage where Obama got his greek columns... (How's that for sarcasm?)

Actually, I read the columns were modeled from Soldier Field in Chicago. But if we base our votes on scenery, it's all over anyway.

I too saw the Saddleback event. I was suprised at how well Obama did. Very thoughtful and deliberate in my opinion. I half expected him to get grilled - though I do think he shares many centrist views on faith and religion, including faith-based initiatives (which I can't support).

Then again, they were both asked slowball questions.

-mpm

Reply to
mpm

She blocked the infamous 'bridge to nowhere'.

Anything else?

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Richard The Dreaded Libertaria

Think? Or just parrot the party line?

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Richard The Dreaded Libertaria

we have

er many

't

She supported that same bridge to nowhere speaking highly of it during her 2006 race for Governor. So on the plus side, at least she has the brains to correct past mistakes - unlike Bush, Cheney, Rummy, Rove, Scooter, et. al.

Then again, what Governor isn't all about pork? Isn't that their job?

-mpm

Reply to
mpm

me).

Yes, but for some reason great orators have had great political power since ancient Greece and Rome, and probably before that. It seems to be a sign of intelligence and tribal leadership ability. At least it was before teleprompters.

I that's the way to get votes, that's what people will do.

John