Rydberg Atoms

I thought this might generate some interesting discussion. Speff, are you there :)

Clifford Heath

Reply to
Clifford Heath

Bah, humbug.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Winfield Hill wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@drn.newsguy.com:

Fusion reactors are only ten years off... man. :-)

Hey, I know... we can make better neutrino detectors with them.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Yeah, it's a great detector scheme, but it takes multiple (pump and trap) lasers, a magnet structure, and the 'sensitivity' improvement just means you can pull in static and signals from such range as means they aren't local info at all.

It's not a tactical info resource, more of a curiosity; the astronomers, though, will have a LOT of interest, I suspect.

When the bad guys are using the same cellphones as millions of innocent civilians, it's not really useful to detect/monitor all the traffic being broadcast...

Reply to
whit3rd

Hmm a little thin on details. There is some here from a link.

(I only read the beginning bits.)

George H.

Reply to
George Herold