RS485 transciver MAX1535 connections in star topology

Hello ,

I would like to know how I can connect MAX1535 - transceiver into star topology.

I have reference design for sn65lbc184 and there is RE (Receiver enable) connected thorough 4k7 resistor to VCC together with DE (driver enable) and thorough capacitor 10nF to GND .

Is this reference design OK?

Reply to
amko

The short answer woukd be no. Assuming the MAX1535 is a SMbus interface IC.

Reply to
www.interfacebus.com

Thank you for your answer. If I correct understand I have to connect tougher pins RE and DE, RXA and TXA, and RXB and TXB on MAX1535 (half duplex mode) and be careful that MAX1535 does not drive line simultaneously with other devices connected into star topology. So It means all devices must support for example I2C or Smbus or similar protocols.

Regards, Amir

Reply to
amko

Well yes, each device on the bus most talk the same protocol. I would have to look the device up again to see the pin functions. ~ Half duplex sounds right.

Also, I started a new google group to handle bus issues. The news group is callled interfacebus. A sign up button may be found on the index page of my web site (scroll down)

www.interfacebus.com