RF (Antenna) plumbing

Yeah, similar to the CATV "filters"...

Yeah, that's what mine are. I suspect putting one on each "drop" plus one on each "feed" (ahead of the splitter) will prove to be a physical mess. Ill look into the other module you pointed out.

THanks!

Reply to
Don Y

Your welcome. I used to maintain CATV headends, and designed one in the '80s to connect two non compatible community loops. The lead tech radioed the office to inform me that my calculations were off. By .1 dB. :)

Those little amps tend to overload easily, so you don't want to cascade a bunch of them but the units I've tested were fairly clean. I have a few Tru-Spec Sat TV versions that are 18 dB, but they are marked

950 to 1450 MHz.

Here is a 30 dB inline amp for under $6. :)

Michael A. Terrell

I figured 10 dB upstream of the splitter -- to compensate for losses in the splitter. And, another ~10dB downstream to compensate for losses in the drop itself.

But, if I can find those distribution amlifiers that will tolerate the environment, I think that a better solution (if only for the reduction in "cruft" that I will have to mount, connect, etc.)

Reply to
Don Y

They should handle = 10 dBM output without overload, then feed the distribution amp with that.

I've seen people trying to push 20 or more dB into a cable, instead of using 10 dB at each end, with predictably bad results.

Michael A. Terrell