Revised NXP site

Ok, guys, we had a thread about NXP's site a while ago. Long story short I wrote to them and, surprise, they engaged in a lively back-and-forth improvement session and really listened. They changed a lot of stuff, got rid of fluff and while not perfect yet I think the NXP site has improved quite a bit. Heck, now you can even use it with Java Script turned off (gets rid of the nag screen). And no, I am not paid by them, just got involved because I didn't want to see a company that was good to me go down the tubes.

So what do thee think?

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Hence pasting interesting links does work:

--
Thanks,
Fred.

Anything is an improvement.

They were sending customers away, which is not what a web site is designed for. Glad someone there actually understands the principle.

Thanks for getting involved.

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Site Map:            http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap

Xbee Wireless Modules, and low cost Interface Boards.
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/xbee-boards.html
Reply to
Don McKenzie

Looks better than it used to ! But I don't like the floaty bookmark tab on the right hand side. Its distracting !

--
Best Regards:
                     Baron.

Methinks it be good. Better layout to get down to a specific datasheet when I knoweth the part number (base datasheet no longer hidden amongst a gazillion appnotes) and easy to drill down for additional info.

Works with Opera!

--
Rich Webb     Norfolk, VA
Reply to

Ok, it ain't perfect yet but at least the links in there now work. Still works in progress though, should improve some more.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Better. I use Flashblock, and it doesn't even try anything tricky. The structure is still pretty weird, though.

What is the "switch to classic mode/switch to liquid mode" thing at the bottom?

And "contact" should just provide email addresses, not the dumb form to fill out.

At least they still offer the wideband transistors!

John

On a sunny day (Mon, 23 Jun 2008 13:00:04 -0700) it happened Joerg wrote in :

That is a nice selector, I could actually find things. I hope they payed you for it :-)

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

PDFs are now blisteringly fast, and actually download. :) Thx.

Reply to
TT_Man

Allows you to switch back to the old Philips-style site. At the end of this improvement process they'll hopefully ditch that.

I've told them :-)

Yes. What concerned me is that only two parts show up under analog. Probably ended up in the wrong places but it'll be corrected.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Nope. They offered a gift, probably some kind of electronics gizmo. Told them to consider giving it to an orphanage or charity instead, I've got enough toys ;-)

The nice thing is that they listened, not many companies do that.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Yes, improved. But main headings don't work with Opera. (the Blue bits work fine). Rather curious, as it's the first time I've seen Opera flinch in over 2 years use.

Reply to
john jardine

Ok, I'll mention that. Works with Firefox, Mozilla, old Netscape and IE though.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Joerg wrote:

As was mentioned in the Plainclothes Hippie's recent RFC, the FIRST step in getting a site right is **W3C compliance**:

JeffM

a thousand thanks. getting something from NXP was the bane of my existence.

Cheers Terry

Reply to
Terry Given

True. But it's work in progress and 17 errors ain't all that bad for a large site. However, they must strive for zero, of course.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

wrote to them and, surprise, they engaged in a lively

stuff, got rid of fluff and while not perfect yet I

with Java Script turned off (gets rid of the nag

want to see a company that was good to me go down the

|pp=[t=pfp,i=54516]

Click the link under general description, its broken.

TheM

Definitely an improvement. More to go but better.

Robert

** Posted from
**
Reply to
Robert Adsett

On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 13:00:04 -0700, Joerg put finger to keyboard and composed:

I think it's still as slow as a wet week.

Thankfully, now that JS is no longer required, I can revert to a very fast backup browser

that ignores all the crud (eg Google Analytics, and taggingserver.netmining).

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

On a sunny day (Mon, 23 Jun 2008 14:24:10 -0700) it happened Joerg wrote in :

Nice.

Yes, I am a bit surprised that such a big company as nxp does not have the in-house expertise to make a good website.

Anyways many of those big company sites are horrible to navigate, full of boasting bull, so you did a great job in my view. Now the *next* thing is have them add a web shop, so I can order 2 transistors, or 3 different chips, without having to do a hopeless search locally for somebody who would be even willing to sell the stuff :-) Or did I overlook the webshop?

Reply to
Jan Panteltje