Revised NXP site

Ok, guys, we had a thread about NXP's site a while ago. Long story short I wrote to them and, surprise, they engaged in a lively back-and-forth improvement session and really listened. They changed a lot of stuff, got rid of fluff and while not perfect yet I think the NXP site has improved quite a bit. Heck, now you can even use it with Java Script turned off (gets rid of the nag screen). And no, I am not paid by them, just got involved because I didn't want to see a company that was good to me go down the tubes.

So what do thee think?

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Joerg

Hence pasting interesting links does work:

--
Thanks,
Fred.

Anything is an improvement.

They were sending customers away, which is not what a web site is designed for. Glad someone there actually understands the principle.

Thanks for getting involved.

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Site Map:            http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Don McKenzie

Looks better than it used to ! But I don't like the floaty bookmark tab on the right hand side. Its distracting !

--
Best Regards:
                     Baron.

Methinks it be good. Better layout to get down to a specific datasheet when I knoweth the part number (base datasheet no longer hidden amongst a gazillion appnotes) and easy to drill down for additional info.

Works with Opera!

--
Rich Webb     Norfolk, VA
Reply to

Better. I use Flashblock, and it doesn't even try anything tricky. The structure is still pretty weird, though.

What is the "switch to classic mode/switch to liquid mode" thing at the bottom?

And "contact" should just provide email addresses, not the dumb form to fill out.

At least they still offer the wideband transistors!

John

PDFs are now blisteringly fast, and actually download. :) Thx.

Reply to
TT_Man

Allows you to switch back to the old Philips-style site. At the end of this improvement process they'll hopefully ditch that.

I've told them :-)

Yes. What concerned me is that only two parts show up under analog. Probably ended up in the wrong places but it'll be corrected.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Joerg

I'll have to take a look. Crikey it needed it !

Can you nag Nat Semi next ? ;~)

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

I recall having some probs in that dept too. I LOATHE sites that only works properly with IE .

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

wrote to them and, surprise, they engaged in a lively

stuff, got rid of fluff and while not perfect yet I

with Java Script turned off (gets rid of the nag

want to see a company that was good to me go down the

|pp=[t=pfp,i=54516]

Click the link under general description, its broken.

TheM

Definitely an improvement. More to go but better.

Robert

** Posted from
**
Reply to
Robert Adsett

On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 13:00:04 -0700, Joerg put finger to keyboard and composed:

I think it's still as slow as a wet week.

Thankfully, now that JS is no longer required, I can revert to a very fast backup browser

that ignores all the crud (eg Google Analytics, and taggingserver.netmining).

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

BROWSER UNSUPPORTED (Opera 8.51)

SO another giant leap backwards for NXP.

Have these guys never heard of html ?

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Holy schnockers, Opera 8.51? Why not upgrade to the current (9.5) release?

--
Rich Webb     Norfolk, VA
Reply to

Eeyore Inscribed thus:

It worked just fine for me using opera 8.52 yesterday ! I do hope they haven't broken it again !

--
Best Reagrds:
                        Baron.

Bloatware (damn them).

However that doesn't really address my comment. What's wrong with a standards compliant site ?

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

wrote to them and, surprise, they engaged in a lively

stuff, got rid of fluff and while not perfect yet I

with Java Script turned off (gets rid of the nag

want to see a company that was good to me go down the

Sure is, I'll let them know.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Joerg

Eeyore Inscribed thus:

Works after a fashion with 8.52 ! Frames are shown on top of one another though and the list shown when you click on a link gets over written. I'm going to update to Opera 9.27 on this machine. The old version was a hangover from a Linux upgrade.

--
Best Reagrds:
                        Baron.

It is still way too cookie dependant. I generally do not tolerate cookies.

Reply to
JosephKK