Released under the GPL, a Linux program to communicate with, and download / upload BASIC files from / to a MCS-8052AH-BASIC embedded system.

Released under the GPL, a Linux program to communicate with, and download / upload BASIC files from / to a MCS-8052AH-BASIC embedded system:

To correctly upload files to a MCS-BASIC system, the sending program needs to wait for the prompt from the embedded system. before it sends the next line.

This program has been tested on *very* large BASIC files and works OK. It is a very old program, I wrote it years ago, but cleaned up the code a bit to make it more human usable, so I could still use it :-)

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

ystem:

.

Just trolling your website and sorry for being off topic, but I have about 3/4ths of a FTA system assembled. I see you went diseqc. That is the point where I haven't settled on a positioning scheme. Most literature says polar alignment is the way to go, but I can't find the hardware. Then there are all the rumors about faked Chinese satellite positioners.

I suspect for a 30 inch dish, polar versus diseqc isn't a big deal. However, my dish is an Andrews, so in theory it would fit a polar alignment steering system meant for the larger dishes.

Reply to
miso

On a sunny day (Mon, 4 Jan 2010 14:55:15 -0800 (PST)) it happened " snipped-for-privacy@sushi.com" wrote in :

I went diseqc because the motor that moves the dish accepts diseqc commands, it gets it power and commands via the same coax as a the LNB is on.

There was no real program for Linux that I could find, so I wrote one. The horizontal movement is, if you set the position right, in degrees. the motor shaft is constructed in such a way that it describes a bow (tilts downwards) when moving left or right of centre, so it follows the geostatic satellites precisely.

Initial setup takes some doing, it has been working for some years now without further adjustment. I just specify the angles for the different sats in the software. I use 'xdipo', and the 'show' script, but mainly xdipo and record time shifted with its timers. The dish is 87 cm.

So basically I think you need no elevation motor for geostationary sats. Motor was about 65 Euro IIRC, a Moteck, yes, this one I think:

The brackets start rusting the same day you install it... One day it will drop... But so far I am happy with it.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

ds,

thout further adjustment.

ifted

Yes Moteck is what they say is the best to buy, but that is also the one that supposedly is sold as fakes on ebay.

for the vendor that claims the rest are fakes.

I think I'll take the plunge as it is the last bit of gear I need. Well, I also need a switch since I bought a quad feed horn.

Good tip on the brackets. I guess I'll paint the brackets with Rusoleum. ;-)

Reply to
miso

ands,

without further adjustment.

shifted

.

You may also consider 2 90 degrees angle SMA connectors, so you have some room for the coax.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

ftp://panteltje.com/pub/dish_is_spiders_home_img_1626.jpg

Reply to
Jan Panteltje