Relay Suppression Diode Failure

I doubt that a modern ohmmeter will develop enough voltage across a TO-5 relay coil to forward bias the diode. The OP said 850R, so it would have to push 0.7mA through the coil. More practically, I suspect full scale (except on the diode scale) is typically 200mV.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Sno-o-o-o-o-ort ;-)

...Jim Thompson